ACB Caribbean is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced individual for the position of Manager – Training & Development, to ensure that the Organisation’s strategic objectives are achieved by developing and delivering an effective training & development and talent management programme to build intellectual capacity and skill building for all employees.
The duties to be performed include, but are not limited to the following:
• Conducts On-boarding and Orientation programmes.
• Assess employee skills gaps and tailor training as necessary.
• Assists in the preparation and monitoring of the overall Human Resources Budget.
• Designs and delivers training programmes.
• Liaises with unit managers and department heads to update training needs and ensures input is received from all departments on a timely basis.
• Reviews performance appraisals quarterly to ensure that training and development needs identified are addressed in an effective and timely manner.
• Evaluates all requests for staff, checking against approved complement. Advertising and evaluating applications, interviewing applicants, checking references, recommending and confirming approval to hire.
• Assists in ensuring effective manpower/succession planning and career counselling, evaluating recommendations for staff transfers, promotions, and co-ordinating relief, vacation and other leave schedules. Assists in co-ordinating arrangements as required ensuring a smooth implementation with minimum disruption of operations and customer service.
• Assists management in areas of Organizational Change and Organizational Learning and Development, designing and delivering processes that enable ACB to meet its strategic objectives.
To perform the job successfully, the individual must meet the following requirements:
• At least a First Degree or Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or relevant field.
• Work experience of a minimum of 3 years in Human Resources.
• Sound knowledge of organizational development, manpower planning, career-pathing and change management.
• Experience in training audit, course development and delivery would be useful.
• Knowledge of local labour laws and regulations, such as the Antigua and Barbuda Labour Code and other relevant legislation.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to train and motivate people.
• Sound scheduling and planning skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Is computer literate and has a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Demonstrates emotional intelligence.
• Maintains confidentiality.
Compensation: An attractive package inclusive of Pension Plan and Medical Insurance.
Applications with résumé and three character references may be submitted to:
“Manager – Training & Development Vacancy”
Human Resource Department
Thames and St. Mary’s Streets
P.O. Box 95, St. John’s, Antigua
Suitable applications received by Friday, August 25, 2023 will be acknowledged. Please visit our website www.acbonline.com for additional details.